Methi Kela Dapka, Gujarati Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4696 times
Crisp and flavour-packed whole wheat flour dapkas with the mild sweetness of bananas and the perky taste of fenugreek leaves.
This unique combination of bananas and methi makes this Methi Kela Dapka a truly memorable treat. Other ingredients like green chillies and ginger add to the spicy side of this popular Gujarati snack, giving it a really rich flavour.
One thing you need to remember is that the Methi Kela Dapka tastes best when it is served immediately. You will not relish it after it gets cold. So, serve it hot and fresh with a cup of steaming hot tea!
Try other Gujarati delicacies like the Palak Methi na Muthia and the Toovar Methi na Dhokla .
- Combine the fenugreek leaves and salt in a deep bowl and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the excess water by pressing it between your hands.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the fenugreek leaves and approx. 1¼ cups of water into a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into hot oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.