Methi Jowar Muthia
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31176 times
Here is a scrumptious snack made of healthy jowar flour, which is sure to make you drool. Jowar is a healthy cereal for those with acidity, and here it is used to make tasty, steamed muthias.
The muthias are then flavoured with a tempering that includes fennel seeds, cumin and asafoetida, which not only boost the taste and aroma of this snack, but also aid in digestion.
Go for this yummy breakfast , and take it to work too, so you can have a quick and healthy start to your day.
- Combine the fenugreek leaves, jowar flour, curds, lemon juice, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, baking soda and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using approx. ¼ cup of water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of approx. 125 mm. (5") long.
- Place all the 3 rolls on a greased steaming dish and steam in a steamer over a medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Remove, cool completely and cut into 25 mm. (1") thick slices. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the muthias and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while tossing occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- These muthias are best consumed within 1 hour of preparation.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.