Methi Garlic Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14007 times
Fenugreek leaf has a unique flavour that is slightly bitter but very appealing to the taste buds. The lilting aroma of methi together with its lingering flavour make it a wonderful addition to any dish.
Here is a rice preparation that puts this wonderful leaf in the limelight, ably supported by pungent garlic. The fact that the Methi Garlic Rice has so few ingredients is testimony to superb job that methi and garlic do. Remember to use butter to sauté the ingredients as it gives an amazing flavour to this rice.
Serve with Dal Kadhi or Hare Lehsun ki Toovar Dal or with just Mixed Veggie Raita and Punjabi Aam ka Achaar .
- Heat the butter and oil in a pressure cooker, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the methi and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 1½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
Methi Garlic Rice Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||485.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.