Methi Dhal Koshimbir ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13835 times
What do you get when you add up taste and good health, plus more taste and more good health, and more, and more? You leave the diners asking for more! And that is precisely the effect this side-dish is likely to achieve. This is a special snack recommended for diabetics, as methi has soluble fibres that help in regulating blood glucose levels and also expel extra cholesterol from the body.
To mellow down the taste of methi, which everybody may not relish, I have added moong dal, cucumber and sugar (just ½ tsp though!) you can also add pomegranate seeds and tomatoes to vary the taste.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water for atleast 2 to 3 hours. Drain and discard the excess water.
- Combine the moong dal along with 2 cups of water in a deep pan and cook over a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dal is cooked. Drain and keep aside to cool.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, green chillies, cucumber, lemon juice, salt and sugar and toss well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coconut and coriander.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.