Methi Crispies, Healthy Methi Crispies, Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 123 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48190 times
Leafy vegetables, especially methi, do wonders for diabetics by controlling blood sugar. Not only that, methi also does wonders to the flavour of any dish it is added to, with its unique, mildly-bitter taste and splendid aroma. Here, methi is mixed with whole wheat flour and oats to make a healthy snack, flavoured with sesame seeds and ajwain.
Curd is added to the dough to improve the texture of the Methi Crispies and also to impart a slight tanginess, which complements the bitterness of the fenugreek leaves beautifully. Make a batch of these Healthy Methi Crispies and store in a jar, to enjoy with your favourite low calorie dip.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and gently cook them on both sides till half done. Keep aside to cool.
- Prick them with a fork at regular intervals.
- Cut into small diamonds or squares and arrange them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Cool and serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.