Methi Batani Bhat
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 660 times
Methi Batani Bhat, this is a combination of methi and peas with dash of masala, though simple very delicious. The coconut gives it a nice flavour.
Add your private note
Methi Batani Bhat recipe - How to make Methi Batani Bhat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add asfoetida and red chillies.
- Add fenugreek leaves and saute till soft.Then add peas and rice.
- Add sufficient water to cook the rice.
- Add salt,sugar,curry powder and mix well and cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 28 Jan 2016Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.