Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2219 times
You can add sugar if you like tangy sweet flavour .
if mangoes are not available then you can use tamarind (if raw is available then well and good )
- Chop tomatoes ,onions,chilles,raw mangoes,garlic cloves,corinder leaves.
- Now roast tomatoes ,onions and chilles on the tava/frying pan till it turns slightly brown then place it in the blender/mixer.
- Add garlic cloves, corinder leaves ,curry leaves,raw mangoes and salt as required into to the mixer/blender and make course paste.
- Empty the done chutney paste into the serving bowl and add given tadka to it
- Put the oil onto the frying pan .
- Once the oil is heated add mustard seeds ,followed by urad dal ,jeera ,red chilles,curry leaves and hing powder.
- Now the cutney is ready to serve with pakodoes ,idli, dosa,parathas,samosas ,rice and curry .
This recipe was contributed by menakacasp on 16 Jul 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.