Melon and Papaya Tango, Melon and Papaya Juice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24692 times
This snazzy orange coloured-carbohydrate rich Melon and Papaya Juice is a fulfilling breakfast idea. Lemon juice makes it more interesting by imparting a tangy flavour.
Papaya has a laxative effect thus helping to relieve constipation. As a an added benefit, melons contain a substance "adenosine" that makes blood less sticky, thus reducing the risk of blood clots and heart attack. Because of its high vitamin A content this tango is a boost to the immune system as well.
Make a quick breakfast sandwich like Herb Cheese and Roasted Capsicum Sandwich or Vegetable Grilled Sandwich and have it with a glass of Melon and Papaya Tango to keep you satiated till lunch time.
- Combine the papaya, muskmelon, lemon juice, crushed ice and 1/4 cup of water in a mixer and blend till the juice is smooth.
- Pour equal quantities of the juice into 2 individual glasses and serve chilled.
- Combine the muskmelon and papaya cubes and blend in a juicer till smooth.
- Strain the juice using a strainer.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add some crushed ice in 2 individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the juice over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per small glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.