Melba Toast with Creamy Cheese Dip ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6368 times
Melba toast is a preparation of daintily cut bread slices, buttered and crisped to perfection. This crispy snack can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an air-tight container to save time in the morning. The suggested dip, made of cheese spread and curds, is not only tasty but also very easy and quick to prepare. Together, the Melba Toast with Creamy Cheese Dip is a convenient and delicious snack to pack in the tiffin box. To ensure that they remain fresh and flavourful for a few hours, make sure you pack them in separate containers so that the moisture of the dip does not make the toast soggy. Also pack some Murukus ( Tiffin Treats for Kids ) in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
Add your private note
Melba Toast with Creamy Cheese Dip ( Tiffin Treats) recipe - How to make Melba Toast with Creamy Cheese Dip ( Tiffin Treats)
Preparation Time:    Baking Time: 11 to 13 minutes Baking Temperature: 150°C (300°F) Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 4 servings (4 serving )
- Toast the bread slices in the pop-up toaster till they turn light brown in colour.
- Remove from the pop-up toaster and trim the edges immediately using a sharp bread knife as shown in image 1.
- Cut the bread slices horizontally into two as shown in image 2 and 3.
- Then, cut the bread slices diagonally as shown in image 4.
- Place the bread pieces on a clean, dry surface with the non-crispy side facing upwards and brush a little melted butter evenly on top of each bread piece as shown in image 5.
- Place the buttered bread pieces on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°c (300°f) for 6 to 8 minutes or till they turn crisp.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Combine the cheese spread and curds and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pack the melba toast in an air-tight tiffin box, with the creamy cheese dip in a separate air-tight box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||166 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.