Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36790 times
A traditional urad dal based fried snack, medu vada is a south indian cuisine delight. The soaked urad dal is ground together with spices and deep fried. The medu vada is best paired with sambhar and coconut chutney as breakfast, snack or even as a meal dish.
- Wash and soak the dal in enough water for 1 hour.
- Drain and blend in a mixer into a smooth batter.
- Transfer in a bow, add the green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, wet the palms and take some batter and flatten to a round shape.
- Make a hole at the center with your thumb and slowly slide into the hot oil.
- Repeat the same to make 30 more vadas.
- Deep fry till they turn crisp and light golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with sambar and/or chutney.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 14 Apr 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.