Mediterranean Pizza, Lebanese Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 393 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12100 times
A very unusual pizza made with Pita bread as its base, the Mediterranean Pizza replaces pizza sauce with a luscious and pungent chilli garlic hummus.
The strong flavour of garlic and the earthy flavour of kabuli chana act as a wonderful base for typical pizza toppings like olives, capsicum, onions and cottage cheese.
A dash of herbs, common seasonings like chilli flakes, and of course a garnish of cheese before baking complete the pizza effect.
An innovative and off-beat treat that you are sure to love, the Mediterranean Pizza will also earn you your guests’ applause! Try other Lebanese recipes like Orange Sesame Tabbouleh and Fattoush .
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer along with ¼ cup of water and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Place 2 pita breads on a clean, dry surface, spread half of the hummus on each pita bread.
- Put half the coloured capsicum, half the onions and sprinkle little chilli flakes and oregano evenly over each pita bread.
- Put 1 tbsp of paneer, 2 tbsp of cheese, 5 olives and finally sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano evenly over each pita bread.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cut into small pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pizza
|Vitamin A||241.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||39.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.