Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2582 times
An assortment of vegetabes. rasam rice and lentils all cooked together with an array of spice powders make the delicious meal in one , a must try dish in your menu. Enjoy the meal in one recipe hot with buttermilk to complete a great meal in style.
Add your private note
Meal In One recipe - How to make Meal In One
Preparation Time: Preparation Time : 20 min. Cooking Time: Cooking Time : 18 min. Total Time:
- Make a criss-cross slits on the onions, potatoes and brinjals, taking care not to separate the segments.
- Stuff the slits with the masala mixture. about half the mxiture will remain.
- Clean and wash the rice and dal separately.
- Soak the dal in warm water for 30 minutes. drain and keep aside.
- Put the ghee asafoetida, toovar dal, soda bi-carb and turmeric powder in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, rice the remaining masala, salt with 3 cups of hot water and mix well. microwave on high for 16 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour some ghee over the dish and serve hot with buttermilk.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.