Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6519 times
Mazipan is a traditional nutty sweet dish with rose water as flavouring. The soaked cashews are made into a paste and then cooked with egg whites, rose water and castor sugar.
- Soak cashwes for 30 minutes grind to a paste after cleaning
- Use the egg white and minimum amount of rose water to make a paste
- In a brass vessel mix the cashew paste with the sugar
- Stir on a slow flame for 45 minutes now check if the dough has reached hard ball stage
- Remove the dough on a greased platter
- After cooling add food colour and essance and shape as desired
This recipe was contributed by Eulaliar on 24 May 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.