This recipe has been viewed 2054 times
Note: some variety dried prawns have salt so don't add too much salt without tasting for salt quantity.
Add your private note
Mawwash recipe - How to make Mawwash
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- 1) soak prawns for 15-20 mins. soak dal for 45 mins. wash rice and drain and keep aside.
- 2) boil prawns for half hr approx till soft. don't throw the water. drain the prawns. mash the prawns by hand or in mixer (small one).
- 3) cut onions (lots) roughly (not thin) and fry in good quantity oil till brown. when well fried add prawns, cut suwa bhaji, kothmir, 1-2 tsp cinamon powder, 1/2 tsp haldi powder, 1 tsp jeera powder and 1tsp pepper powder, 1-2 green chillies and fry well for 5 mins or so and also add prawns water which was kept aside and mix well while frying.
- 3) remove a small quantity (not very small) of this and keep aside to use in end.
- 4) in handi put drained rice and dal and salt mix well. add water (hot preferable) as per required , maggie cube, 1-2 green chilies, salt, little more cinamon, jeera and pepper powder only (not haldi as it will spoil taste).
- When rice is cooked, serve hot with dakkus (tomato gravy) or raita.
This recipe was contributed by melo64 on 22 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.