Mawa Matar , Low Fat Khoya Mutter
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13250 times
Mawa (khoya) is extremely high in calories and fat, enough to scare the weight-watchers! Here I use low-calorie mawa, which I made by adding some lime juice to low fat milk to get the actual grainy texture.
Milk enhances the nutritive value of this subzi by providing protein and calcium. Try your own variations of this recipe by using other vegetables in place of green peas.
Serve with Garlic Roti and Beetroot, Cucumber and Tomato Raita .
- Dissolve the cornflour in ¼ cup of milk and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a non-stick pan.
- Reduce the flame, add the lemon juice and heat till the milk starts curdling.
- Add the cornflour and milk mixture and continue cooking on a low flame, while stirring continuously, till all the water dries up and the colour changes to light brown. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the asafoetida, green chillies, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste and garam masala.
- Dry roast for about a minute. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture starts burning.
- Add the green peas, mawa, salt and 2 tablespoons of water and cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.