Mawa Cupcake, Khoya Cupcake Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45422 times
Why think of cupcakes as a typically western format of cooking? Here is a version that is steeped in Indian tradition, made with readymade mawa pedas. The hint of nutmeg adds to the desi character of this cupcake. For best results, use the freshest pedas, and serve with hot tea or coffee.
Add your private note
Mawa Cupcake, Khoya Cupcake Recipe recipe - How to make Mawa Cupcake, Khoya Cupcake Recipe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 6 cupcakes
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 2 tbsp of water in another bowl and whisk well.
- Add the flour mixture, mawa pedas and nutmeg powder and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour equal quantity of the batter into 6 greased and dusted 68 mm. (2½”) diameter aluminum moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes and at 150ºc (300ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till done. The cupcake is done when it leaves the sides of the mould and is springy to touch.
- Allow it to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Keep aside.
- Dust the icing sugar and nutmeg powder evenly on top of each cupcake with the help of small strainer.
- Garnish each cupcake with a few edible coloured stars on each cupcake and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cupcake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.