by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 3154 times
This is a delicious rice with the combination of raw mangoes with a dash of south indian masala.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chana dal, udad dal,groundnuts, broken red chillies,curry leaves and asafoetida, mix well and saute till the dals turn pink in colour. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add the rice and put 1/2 tsp oil so that each grain of rice get seperated.
- Add the prepared paste and mix gently.
- Add the raw mango and salt and mix gently.
- Pour the prepared tempering and mix well.
- Sere warm.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 15 Jun 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.