Added to 451 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63002 times
A quick and easy sweet made of khoya and flavoured with cardamom and saffron.
- Combine the khoya and SugaRite / sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a slow flame while stirring continuously till the SugarRite / sugar has dissolved and the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from the fire, add the cardamom powder and saffron and mix well. Allow to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into even sized rounds.
- Garnish with slivered pistachios.
- Cook the mixture on a slow flame as otherwise the ghee from the khoya will separate, giving the pedas a grainy texture.
- VARIATION : PISTA ROLL
- Use a few drops of apple green coloue instead of saffron. Divide this mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a roll.
- Garnish with silver varq and pistachio slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.