Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 33150 times
Matri is a deep fried Punjabi snack recipe made from maida, oil and salt. These mathris are great when enjoyed with pickle or aloo ki subzi.
Add your private note
Matri recipe - How to make Matri
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix all ingredients, except oil for deep frying and water.
- Add water little by little kneading into a pliable dough.
- Cover and keep for 15 minutes.
- Break into small portions, roll in 1" wide rounds.
- Keep a little thicker than puris. prick with a fork.
- Place on a clean spread out cloth.
- Finish for all dough.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add some matri at a time.
- Fry till lightly golden, flip side and repeat.
- Drain and cool to allow to become crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe was contributed by kareen on 12 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.