Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4770 times
Matooke or green bananas are cooked without the skin with onion, tomatoes and green chillies. Enjoy this unique vegetable preparation with rice or appams.
- Boil the matooke with the skin.
- Peel the skin and mash the bananas.
- Keep it on a side.
- Chop the onions finely. chop the tomatoes finely.
- Crush the garlic ginger and chillies together. ground the peanuts finely.
- Take ghee in a pan and stir fry the onion.
- After a little while add the tomatoes and the ginger garlic and chilli paste.
- Stir for 2 minutes and add the peanut powder.
- Add water to make a gravy.
- Bring it to boil than add sal and turmeric powder.
- Add the mashed green bananas and stir leave to cook for 7 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Take it out in serving bowl and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by gitathakkar on 03 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.