5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33181 times
A spicy street food recipe straight from the streets of mumbai, the missal is basically a spicy sprouts preparation which is typically served with buttered pav. Learn the easy way for preparing the missal and enjoy it with chopped onions and lime juice as topping.
- Wash the poha and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add peanuts and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the poha, salt, turmeric and mix well and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Boil the matki in enough water till soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the 2 goda masala, garam masala, chilli powder, salt , crushed garlic and ginger and blend in a mixer along with 1 cup water till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a large and deep pan, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add masala paste and mix well and add the potatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled drained matki along with 3 cups water and bring to boil.
- Simmer on a slow flame for 10- 15 minutes or till oil forms layer on top.
- Add salt, lemon juice, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a tbsp of poha in serving bowls and spread a tbsp of farsan over it.
- Pour a ladle full of misal and garnish with onions, coriander, and a piece of lemon.
- Serve hot with slices of plain bread.
This recipe was contributed by ravishamal on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.