Matar ki Kachori
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40910 times
Matar kachori is a fried poorie or kachori recipe with mashed peas and spices as filling. Enjoy the matar kachori as snack with chutney or pickle.
- Sieve maida in a bowl, add the salt and ghee and mix well and knead into a smooth dough using sufficient water.
- Cover with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Roast chana dal lightly and blend in a mixer into smooth powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, and the green chillies and sauté for half a minute.
- Add the crushed green peas and asafoetida and mix well.
- Add the chana dal powder, garam masala, chaat masala and salt and mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Add the coriander, mix well and divide the mixture into 12 to 16 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 to 16 equal portions and roll them into small circle of 4" diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the center, cover, seal edges and flatten and roll out lightly using a rolling pin. Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make more kachoris.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep fry kachoris on medium heat till brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent peper and serve hot with a chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by preekar on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.