Matar Wali Poorie
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6230 times
Matar wali poorie is prepared by stuffing a mashed peas or matar mixture into the wheat dough rolls. Enjoy the matar poories deep fried with aloo ki subzi.
- Take fresh peas and fry them in little oil for some time (till it becomes glossy)
- Leave it for some time to cool off.
- Grind it to a smooth paste by adding green chillies salt & pepper in a mixer.
- Now the matar stuffing is ready.
- Mix maida, salt & rub oil in it & then make a smooth dough with water. leave it for some time.
- Now roll it in form of small poori put the matar filling in the middle of it and make a closed ball.
- After that, roll the poori gently & take care to keep it slightly thicker.
- Finally deep fry each poori till it turns golden on both sides & apprears crispy.
- A thick poori comes out crispy & on top of that it won''t break while frying.
- Enjoy it with aloo dum.
This recipe was contributed by sumitapatnaik on 17 Nov 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.