Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25663 times
The quintessential favorite paneer recipe, matar paneer can now be prepared with the authentic taste at home. The butter laden matar paneer recipe has paneer cubes cooked with shelled green peas in a thick onion tomato based spicy gravy.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep fry the paneer till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a broad pan, add the onions and ginger and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the spices, salt and peas, mix well and cook, adding a little water, till the peas are tender and a little gravy remains.
- Add the fried paneer and boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with chapatis.
This recipe was contributed by Sheetalnm on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.