Matar Methi Malai By Sumagandlur
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6749 times
A creamy rich vegetable delight, the matar methi malai presents a lovely combination of sweet peas or matar with methi leaves and are cooked with a generous helping of fresh malai or cream. Enjoy this delectable vegetable dish with naans or parathas.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves, add 1/2 tsp of salt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water and finely chop the methi leaves. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the fenugreek leaves and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the prepared paste and saute for more 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and dry masalas and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the peas, fenugreek, milk, sugar, salt and a little water and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.