Matar Ghugni ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17482 times
This traditional evening snack from the lesser-known cuisine of eastern india also doubles up as a great breakfast option. Matar ghugni served with kurmura is crunchy and spicy enough to wake you up!
- Combine the green peas and salt along with 2 tbsp of water in a microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, fennel seeds and onions in another microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once in between after 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger, turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, garam masala, coriander powder and tomatoes, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the boiled green peas and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander, sev and papdis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.