Matar Do Piaaza
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6477 times
Matar-do-piazza (peas and onion) is a vegetable recipe with green garden fresh peas cooked with onions and a select choice of spice powders. A delicious matar or pea vegetable is best relished with hot parathas and pickle.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add 1 onion slices and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside for garnishing.
- Add the bayleaf, cardamom and peppercorns to the same ghee and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the green peas, green chilies, tomatoes, ginger and remaining onions and saute on a slow flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add the curds, 1 1/4 cup water and salt, mix well and cover and and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fried onions, garam masala and coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by deepaen on 04 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.