Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 10832 times
Matar barfi is prepared from crushed fresh green peas and then sweetened with sugar and flavoured with elaichi powder. Add this appealing barfi with crushed nuts as garnish in your menu and serve as dessert after meals.
- Roastcashew-nut powder & coconut seperately untill crisp & keep aside.
- Roast khoya till ghee seperates.
- Take 1/2 tblsp ghee in a vessel,melt it ,add green peas & roast untill cooked.stir often so that it does''nt stick to the base.
- Take 1 tblsp of ghee in a vessel & melt it .add all the roasted ingredients and the powdered sugar. mix & cook until mixtures leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Mix cardamom powder & remove from fire.
- Take out in a greased tray,press & level.
- Stick silver varak. cut into desired shapes.
This recipe was contributed by keerthikarthik on 10 Aug 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.