Mast mushroom muthia
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1448 times
Add your private note
Mast mushroom muthia recipe - How to make Mast mushroom muthia
Cooking Time: Total Time:
450 gm mushrooms
6 tsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 bread slices (2-3 days old)
1 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs (lightly beaten) salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
3/4 cup sour cream
- 1. wash the mushrooms and place them in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 2. add 1/2 litre water to it and bring it to a boil.
- 3. immediately lower the heat and let it simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins, or till tender.
- 4. heat one tblsp of oil in a small skillet and saute the onions for 7-8 mins till light pink.
- 5. soak the bread in cold water for 10 mins.
- 6. squeeze out the excess liquid from bread as well as mushrooms.
- 7. blend together the mushrooms, bread, onion, salt and pepper.
- 8. stir in the eggs and mix well.
- 9. refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up the mixture.
- 10. shape into 12 oval patties, 3-4 inches long, and roll into the breadcrumbs.
- 11. heat the remaining oil in a large skillet and fry the patties till golden brown.
- 12. serve garnished with sour cream.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#429243 on 07 Nov 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.