Masoor in Coconut Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9365 times
I bet you have never ever thought of sprouting Masoor! Try it today, and use it in this awe-inspiring Malwani gravy.
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a kadhai, add the coconut and onions and sauté on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously. Allow to cool for a while.
- Add ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2½ tbsp of oil in the same kadhai, add the cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamom and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the masoor sprouts, tomatoes, chilli powder,turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and simmer till the masoor is cooked.
- Add the prepared coconut-onion paste, mix well and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.