Masoor Tikki with Curd Dip
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18335 times
A mouth-watering tikki made with masoor dal, low-fat paneer and typical Indian ingredients like onion, coriander and green chillies, which not only impart a tongue-tingling flavour but also lots of nutrients, calcium and fibre. The Masoor Tikki with Curd Dip is especially valuable on the health front, as the protein quality improves when the dal is combined with paneer and served with curds.
- Soak the masoor dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours and drain well.
- Combine the masoor dal, salt and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the dal is tender, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the dal to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the masoor dal mixture, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2?) diameter flat round tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki on a slow flame, using ? tsp of oil till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately topped with curd dip.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.