Masoor Dal and Carrot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16691 times
An indian-style soup for the desi palate! together with slightly-buttered toasted bread, this is sure to comfort and warm you up on even the gloomiest of winter days!
- Clean and wash the masoor dal thoroughly. Soak in water for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the onions and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the masoor dal and vegetable stock and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dal is cooked.
- Add the bean sprouts, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.