Masoor Dal Soup
This recipe has been viewed 9622 times
A delicious thin lentil soup, dal soup recipe is made so simple. A must try dish to beat the winter blues.
- Clean, wash and soak the masoor dal in enough water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn transluscent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and spring onion greens, mix well and sauté for more 2 minutes.
- Add the dal, salt, crushed pepper corns and 300 ml water, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook till the dal becomes soft.
- Add coconut milk and half the chopped coriander leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Reheat the pureed dal, add water if required and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by richarohit on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.