Masoor Dal Chila
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22105 times
A protein rich breakfast option, the dal chila is basically a lentil based pancake recipe which is spread on a pan and then cooked till crispy done. Enjoy with sauce or chutney.
- Soak both the dals in enough water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain the excess water and blend in a mixer to make a smooth batter, using little water.
- Add the salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Heat a tava, grease it with oil and pour a ladleful of batter on it, spreading evenly like a thin dosa.
- Sprinkle little onions and green chillies on top.
- Cook using little oil, till golden and crisp form both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and topping to make more chilas.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by alka0502 on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.