Masoor Dal ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26786 times
Here is an authentic ‘punjab di dal’ that uses not only masoor dal, but another favourite ingredient of the community—spinach. Spinach contributes vitamin a to the dal making it even more nutritious. The blend of flavours and colours is also pretty nice. The paste is considerably spicy; so, if are cooking for children make sure you cut down on the chillies.
- Combine the masoor dal with 1½ cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 17 minutes or till done. Keep aside.
- Add 1 tsp of oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add the chilli powder, mix well and keep the chilli-oil mixture aside.
- Add the remaining 3 tsp of oil in a another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add the cumin seeds and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Add the cooked dal, spinach, tomatoes, turmeric powder, prepared paste, chilli-oil mixture, salt and 1 cup water, mix well and microwave on high for 11 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1164.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||41.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.