Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15582 times
An unique main course recipe, masoor bhaat(rice) is basically rice cooked with masoor( red gram or lentil),onion and tomato puree. The whole spices like cinnamon and cloves add aroma to the chawal dish and adds color on your dinner table.
- Boil the rice in a deep pan in enough water till cooked.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in pan and add the bayleaf, cloves, red chilli and curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and garam masala, mix well and saute till the tomatoes turn soft and are pureed.
- Add the massor and enough water, mix well and cook till the rice and masoor are cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by spjyani on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.