Masaledar Macaroni & Corn Pancakes
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5091 times
This vegetable pancake can be filled with your favorite vegetables- a favorite alternative is shredded parsnips with 1 tbsp mustard.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add corn cobs and cook for about 8 minutes. drain thoroughly and refresh under cold running water for 3 minutes. carefully cut away the kernels on to towels and set aside to dry.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a skillet. add the bell peppers and cook over a low heat for 4 minutes. drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to boil. add the macaroni and cook for about 12 minutes, or until tender but still firm to the bite. drain the macaroni thoroughly and leave to cool in cold water until required.
- Beat together the cream, flour, salt and the egg yolks in a bowl until smooth. add the corn and bell peppers to the cream and egg mixture. drain the macaroni and then toss into the corn and cream mixure. season with black pepper, red chilli powder and garam masala.
- Heat the remaining butter with the oil in a large skillet. drop spoonfuls of the mixure into the pan and press down until the mixure forms a flat pancake. fry until golden brown on both sides, and all the mixure is used up. serve immediately with mushrooms and fried leeks.
This recipe was contributed by madhavit on 24 Apr 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.