Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62101 times
Masaledar Khichdi, just perfect to satisfy your taste buds and hunger too. Rice and moong dal with a tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves, pepped up with the flavours of ground condiments like black pepper, cloves, cinnamon and coriander seeds is pressure cooked, resulting in an aromatic, flavourful one dish meal.
Add your private note
Masaledar Khichdi recipe - How to make Masaledar Khichdi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Roast the moong dal in a pan till the colour changes.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Wash the rice and moong dal together and soak them in a pressure cooker with 4 cups of water and salt, mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and dry ground masalas, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Add to the rice and moong dal mixture, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve hot with ghee.
This recipe was contributed by ritha_kulkarni on 11 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.