Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7677 times
Learn the easy way of preparing the chickpeas or chole in traditional punjabi style with this kabuli chana or chole recipe. Enjoy the spicy and hot chole with bhature or puris as meal or breakfast.
- Pressure cook the channa for about 8 to 9 whistles and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients except the chole, potato and jaggery and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add the potatoes and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the grounded paste, chole and salt and mix well and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add jaggery and mix well and cook till the jaggery dissolves.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and with rotis, nan's or rice.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.