Masaledaar Matar Dal
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 7157 times
This can be made instantly.Almost its like instant mix.Fresh green peas gives it an elegant taste.
- In a pan dry roast moong,masoor dal,tur dal till very light pink.
- Then add tur dal powder and roast a while.
- Mix all and keep aside.
- In the same pan add red chilli powder,coriander-cumin seeds powder,cinnamon powder,cloves powder,ginger powder,pepper powder and turmeric.
- Roast all on a slow flame till all the spices release their aroma and mix with the roasted dal.
- Mix the dal and spices and keep aside.
- Also add dry fried curry leaves and dry fried green chillies.
- Mix all and add salt and mix properly.
- This is the instant mix which can be kept ready and deliciously can be cooked instantly with vegetables of your choice.
- Take 1 cup of the instant mix and add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Then add red chilli and asafoetida.
- Add onions and saute till pink.Then add tomatoes and cook a while.
- Now add the cooked dal and cooked and semi crushed peas and cook till all masala blends together.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Here I have used fresh green peas.Dry green peas can also be used.Use it at the time of roasting all the dals together.
- In that case peas instant mix will be ready.
- A dash of lemon juice will still enhance the taste.
- Any available vegetables can be used or only tomatoes and onions will also do good job.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 25 Feb 2016Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.