Masala vada kurma
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3604 times
Add your private note
Masala vada kurma recipe - How to make Masala vada kurma
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1. Onion- 1 sliced
3. Ginger – 1 inch piece
4. Garlic - 3
5. Green chillis-6
6. Garam masala powder-1tsp
8. Grated coconut-2tbsp
9. Green chillis-6
10. Fennel seeds (sompu)-1/2tsp
11. Salt to taste
masala vada ingredients:
1. Channa dal – 2 cups
2. Green chillies – 2
3. Red chillies – 2
4. Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
5. Ginger - small piece
6. Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
7. Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
8. Coriander leaves – few (chopped)
9. Curry leaves – few (chopped)
10. Salt – to taste
11. Oil – for deep frying
- Masala vada kurma preparation:
- Take a pan and heat with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Fry onions and green chillies together in oil.
- Then make a paste with fried onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Keep aside.
- Again make a paste with coconut and fennel seeds (sompu).
- Now heat the same pan with 4 tsp of oil and add the ground onion paste and fry well.
- Then add the coconut paste and chopped tomatoes.
- Fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Combine well.
- Now add 1 or 2 cups of water.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10 mins.
- Then add the fried masal vada.
- Serve with plain white rice, roti, paratha, etc
- Masal vada preparation:
- Soak the dal for 2 hours.
- Wash and drain the water.
- Grind channa dal along with red chillies, coriander seeds, ginger and salt.
- Grind coarsely and keep it aside.
- Mix with chopped onions, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves and fennel seeds.
- Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a pan take a lemon size ball of batter and flatten it with your palms on a plastic sheet.
- Drop the flattened balls into the oil and fry until it turns into light golden brown colour.
- Drain the excess oil.
- Add the fried vadas in kurma directly.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#411406 on 20 May 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.