Masala Wheat Dosa (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54774 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 dosa
fibre, iron and calcium rich green peas and low-fat paneer stuffed in whole wheat dosas make a succulent snack - just make sure to stick to the suggested serving size.
- Whisk the wheat and rice flour with enough water to make a smooth batter keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and green chillies and pour it over the dosa batter.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt on it and then a few drops of water on the fruit salt.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green peas, paneer, chaat masala and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few more minutes.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the batter to form a dosa of 100 mm (4”) diameter thin circle.
- Cook the dosa, using ¼ tsp of oil, till both sides turn brown in colour.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing on it and fold it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining dosa batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.