Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14852 times
A very simple recipe that can be made in very less time with very few ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, add the onions, green chillies and salt and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and chilli powder and saute for a minute.
- Add 4 cups of water, add the potatoes, reduce the flame to medium, close the lid and stir occasionally till the potatoes are well boiled.
- Add more salt if needed.
- Add the semolina to the boiling ingredients and stir fast.
- Remove from the flame and pour a tsp of oil on top of the upma evenly and add the coriander.
- Close the lid and leave it for 2 more minutes, before serving.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by DeepakDharmadev on 25 Dec 2014I am a foodie.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.