Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4195 times
Masala tomato is basically a stuffed tomato recipe with the pulp and juice of the tomatoes scooped out of the tomatoes and then stuffed with a potato based spicy mixture. Enjoy with rotis or Parathas.
- Cut the tomatoes at the top, scoop out the seeds and juice to a separate bowl and make a hollow to stuff the masala.
- To the mashed potatoes, add lemon juice, salt,chopped coriander and mix well.stuff this mixture into the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Take a pan heat oil put rai,pinch of hing,curry leaves, chopped onions, chili powder and turmeric until onions turn brown in color.
- Then add peanuts and til paste,tomato juice, salt and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Now add stuffed tomatoes and cook for 5-10 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by pawanin on 27 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.