by Sudha Suresh
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12078 times
Spice up your breakfast menu with this tasty Masala sandwich. The bread slices are buttered and then filled with a spicy ,mixture of carrots, cabbage and garam masala powder. Enjoy plain or toasted with chutney.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When they start sputtering, add the cumin seeds.
- Add the onions and fry well on high heat for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and asafoetida powder. mix well.
- Add the garam masala or sambar powder along with salt and mix well.
- Mix in the dry mango powder (for that tangy taste). now, add the cabbage and cut the sides of the bread slices.
- Spread a thin layer of butter.
- Place some of this above masala mixture on one slice of bread and cover with another.
- Toast in a non-stick sandwich toaster (preferably the hand held one that can be used on gas
- Put the flame on low and keep turning so that it does not burn!!).
- Serve with tomato ketchup
This recipe was contributed by Sudha Suresh on 22 Jan 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.