Masala Puri ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Masala Puri ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 283 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 144781 times
These spicy puris can be served at mealtime or as a tea-time snack. As a variant, you can make crispy puris by pricking them and then frying on a medium flame—you can stock these in jars for your children to help themselves when hunger attacks them between meals! alternatively, you can also bake the puris instead of deep-frying, but make sure you roll them thinly and prick them before baking.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris one at a time on a high flame till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Masala Puri Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||61.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.