Masala Paratha ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Masala Paratha ( Desi Khana) in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Masala Paratha ( Desi Khana) in Gujarati)
Added to 243 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52650 times
A rich and masaledar filling of poppy seeds, nigella seeds and dried ginger powder, combined with freshly-pounded masala make these spicy parathas rather special. Roll out nice triangular parathas, roast them with ghee, and serve hot on a cold day… watch your family savour it with satisfaction.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and divide it into 10 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Dry roast all the ingredients on a hot tava (griddle) on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer into a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Blend the poppy seeds in a mixer into a fine powder.
- Then add water and again blend in the mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the nigella seeds and ginger powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the poppy seed paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle with the help of a little whole wheat flour.
- Spread 1 tsp of the stuffing evenly over one half of the circle and fold into a semi-circle. Again spread 1 tsp of the stuffing evenly over one half of the semi-circle and once again fold to make a quarter. Press the edges lightly with your finger tips so that the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Roll out into a thick triangle using a little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 9 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.