Masala Mac and Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 778 times
A dish of English origin, Mac and Cheese is one of the most popular dishes in the United Kingdom, United States and Canada!
While the original version is made of cooked macaroni and a cheesy sauce, we have given it a masaledar twist to make it more exciting.
Ingredients like onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic together with a dash of spice powders give the dish an Indian touch, widening the range of flavours and textures in it.
The Masala Mac and Cheese is sure to be loved by kids and enjoyed by adults too. Make sure you serve it warm, preferably right out of the oven .
You can also try other cheesy recipes like the Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich or Cheese Garlic Buns
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger, and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander-cumin seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the white sauce and ½ cup of cheese in a small non-stick pan, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni and the masala mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of grated cheese and coriander and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.