Masala Khichiya Papad ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48262 times
Crunchy to the core, and as tongue-tickling as a snack can get! The Masala Khichia Papad is a scrumptious snack of crushed papads topped with chopped veggies, peppy chutneys and of course, crisp sev. When all these merge together in one mouthful, the experience is just too exciting. Keep all the ingredients ready but prepare this just before serving; otherwise the papad will get soggy with the juices of the vegetables and chutneys.
- Roast a khichiya papad on an open medium flame till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Allow it to cool slightly, place it on a serving plate and press in the centre it with your palm to break it into pieces.
- Apply 1½ tsp melted butter evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cabbage, 2 tbsp of onions, 2 tbsp of cucumber, 2 tbsp of tomatoes and a little salt evenly over it.
- Top with 1 tsp of garlic chutney and 1 tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp nylon sev and ½ tsp lemon juice evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 3 more masala khichiya papads.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.