Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5727 times
You can use aamchur (dry mango powder) in place of pomegranate seeds.
- Soak chick peas overnight and cook in sufficient water until cooked well.
- Drop tea bag in 1/4 cup of hot water, let it seep for 2 minutes. remove and discard tea bag. retain the water.
- Grate medium sized onion, slice green chilis length-wise and keep aside.
- Heat cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper corns,and nutmeg in a skillet, on medium heat, while stirring constantly for 5 to 7 minutes. remove from heat, powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when oil is hot add grated onion, garlic paste,chopped ginger , green chili and sugar. fry until onion turns pale brown.
- Now add boiled chick peas and powdered spices and fry on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Next add 1/2 cup of water, water seeped with tea and pomegranate seeds to the skillet and cook on low heat until all the water evaporates.
- Garnish with 1/2 cup of chopped onion pieces and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve very hot.
This recipe was contributed by mukvij on 20 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.